Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Dirty Little Secret - [PICS!!]

I'm coming clean, people! 

My edges are a HOT mess.  I've been prattling on about them for quite some time now, so I wanted to take a few moments to share with you why they are so ratchet, and how I intend to get them back to their proper state!

I had a beautiful baby girl about 15 months ago (in the car I might add, but that's a story for another day!!).  My hair was amazing during the pregnancy, and immediately after.  Thick, full, sheeny, long, and awesome!  Several months after she was born, I began to experience the dreaded post-partum shedding.  My hair didn't fall out in clumps.  The shedding  kind of snuck up on me.  I lost all the hair around my temples, as well as farther beyond my hairline.  I was not happy.

December 2012



I made a decision in December, that come hell or high water, I was going to get this edge situation under control.  I enlisted a couple of products I thought would help me along....1 bottle of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, 1 bottle of Naturelle Conditioning Braid Spray, Biotin, Cantu Leave-In conditioner, and shea butter.

One Biotin a day. Twice a day, I would massage in the Jamaican black, spray the Naturalle, add a touch of Cantu, seal with the shea, and twist the hair - at first just rolling the hair around my finger to make a single strand twist, and eventually I was able to make 2 strand twists.  I followed this routine religiously for a couple of months.  I actually began to see improvement after the first few weeks.  After 4 months, I have seen 2+ inches of growth around my edges... I will continue to focus on, and care for these fragile hairs, and keep you guys updated with periodic Edge Checks!  - YB



April 2013
 



 
 
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment