Friday, April 5, 2013

Protective Style of the Week: Marley Bun! [PICS]



I decided to deviate from my flat twist go-to 'do, and try something a little different today.  I've seen a couple of girls on the inter-webs do tutorials on up-do's, supplementing their own hair with Marley Braid.  I must say, the results were quite nice indeed...Not perfect, but not bad for a first-timer!

After removing my flat twists, I sprayed my hair down with water, put on a generous amount of Eco-Styler Gel, and brushed upwards, all the way around.  Instead of putting the hair up in 1 pony tail, I made 2 pony tails at the top of my head.  I twisted each pony tail to protect the ends, and tucked them away.

I used 1 package (2 separate bundles) of Marley hair, and 2 black hair bands. 
[Sidebar: I love the kinky Marley!!  It matches 4c texture so well!  I would look real cray with some Indian Remi sitting on top of my kinks!!]

I put 1 band around each bundle.  The took each bundle (one at a time), put the band around my own pony tails, and began to shape and pin.  The result is what you see in the pics.  Please stay tuned for my tutorial on this.  Coming soon!  - YB






2 comments:

  1. This is so motivating. 1 year and counting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, sis! And thanks for being the first to comment on my blog EVER!! I love your hair (you're giving us options in your avatar...I like that!), it's beautiful! Congrats on 1 year natural!! Just imagine what your hair is gonna look like in another year?? #Amazing

      Delete