Sunday, April 14, 2013

Why is my hair so big, and my 2 strand twists so small???

This is a question that has plagued me for a long time.  I have big hair.  Although it is very fine, I have a lot of strands, so my hair is super thick.  That is why I can't for the life of me, understand why in the world my two strand twists look so paltry.  I will concede that my postpartum shedding has devastated my edges, so that could explain the temples, but that is not the case around the rest of my head.

If you've seen my hair history video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY5LbeZCljI), you will notice I have a penchant for wearing my hair in bigger styles.  I like chunky twist-outs, and fluffy Afros.  My Marley buns are big.  When I have braids, they are super long.  My Senegalese twists are more dramatic.... When I wear my finger-comber unit, I wear it big.  I don't like to do things half way.  I'm a go-big-or-go-home type of girl.

Maybe someone out there can explain to me what the problem is.  Perhaps I don't have as much hair  as I thought....*sighs*.  Perhaps I need to improve my technique....*sighs again*

In any event, because of this disconnect, you will never catch me wearing my 2 strand twists out of the house.  NEVER.  I don't think the look frames my face nicely, and I don't think it provides enough drama for me.  I wonder if this will change as my hair gets longer.  Thoughts?? - YB












No comments:

Post a Comment