Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What's with the Shade, Ms. Wendy??

I do like Wendy Williams.  I don't love her, but I do like her a lot. She makes me laugh.  She's even made me shed a tear or two.   It kind of annoys me that she uses her platform to bash people who have decided to take their hair to a natural place.  Look, there's nothing wrong with wigs, weaves, and perms, if that's your thing.....but I think it is extremely rude, and very irresponsible  to use your bully pulpit to slam people for WEARING THE HAIR THEY WERE BORN WITH!!!  I mean, if you're not into it, don't do it.  But don't shade us with your hater-ade, please.




I can totally understand why Derek J is not down with it.  Perms and weaves are his bread and butter.  The brother's got to eat, so of course he is not going to advocate women taking control of their own hair destiny.  It hurts his bottom line....but Wen-dissima??  No excuses, boo.

You don't have to love us, but please don't hurt us!

-YB

No comments:

Post a Comment